I have met and loved so many people in my life and I am so grateful for the things they have taught me. I have such strong feelings of love for my parents and siblings.
I vividly remember falling in love with Greg. I knew he made me better. He has an amazing family and I realize how seriously lucky I am to have them.
It really was like meeting the other half of my family.
I felt complete.
And then I had Lindsay. I felt like life could not get better. Then I had Makenna and thought it was perfect. And then Olivia came and confirmed to me how lucky I was. And then came Ethan. Finally, a boy to compliment our little family and teach me a different kind of love. I thought my heart was full and felt it was time to call our family complete.
When we decided to have another one I was more than concerned that I would be a good mother to five children. I worried that I would have enough to give to another little pipsqueak.
A little piece of my soul tears at the thought of not having Tyson in my life and part of my heart. He has reconfirmed to me that we all have more love to give. Your heart does not lose love, you're just somehow given more love to give away. I can't explain it, I just know that my life has become like a roller-coaster that I cannot, nor do I want to get off of. What a thrill it is to be at the top of those high peaks when you feel the air of life rushing through your hair and you can't help but throw up your hands at the excitement of it all. That's what I try to remember when I'm in the "what's for lunch", "I peed my pants", "She's looking at me" straight parts of the ride. And I know a lot of us would trade those unexpected twists and turns to stand in a boring line where scary things don't happen. But just like we can't stop time, that line keeps moving us closer to the unknown of what's beyond that turnstile.
Luckily, I kept my hands and feet in the cart, even though I thought it was time to get off. I hate to think I would have missed out on that last little dip they throw in at the end of the ride.
Hold on Tight and have fun!



7 comments:
Mindy, I love this post. Very cute/true. Love ya!
Oh my gosh, he is so cute!!! (I want to zerbert my computer.)
Reading your post makes me want another baby. I've wanted one for a while, but you've just cemented my desire. Now to get my husband to agree...
Isn't a mother's heart amazing?
Tyson is adorable!
He is sweet..and you almost made me want another one too. Michelle
That picture is beautiful! I could use one for my wall!
Nana
I loved your thoughts! So eloquent!
I love reading your posts. You're able to write what I'm thinking. =) He's SSSOOO cute! We need to get together soon.
So sweet! It was worth every minute of crappy pregnancy ailments huh? He sure is a doll. I'm glad you followed your heart and the spirit.
Post a Comment