June 6, 2009

Row, Row, Row Your Boat...




National Learn to Row Day
date: Sat, Jun 06, 2009 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
location: Salt Lake City, UT
Great Salt Lake Marina
cost: $0 + No charge
OLDROWER

feedback score: (0) view
member since: May 2009
ads/events: 1/0
buddies: 0
views: 87 posted on: Sat, May 09 expires on: Sat, Jun 06
Media Release What National Learn To Row Day When Saturday June 6, 2009, 09:00am – 12:00pm Where Great Salt Lake Marina – West End @ small boat docks Directions SaltAir exit from I-80 Westbound, then frontage road westbound past SaltAir to Utah State Parks and Recreation marina office, then west along marina to event – watch for the Great Salt Lake Rowing Learn to Row Day banners! Background • Always wanted to learn about rowing? • Always wanted to try rowing? • Always wanted learn more about the Great Salt Lake? Great Salt Lake Rowing (GSLR), your Salt Lake City-area sponsor, US Rowing, and Concept2 announce National Learn to Row Day – a free public event intended to give participants a “taste of rowing”! Some of the events scheduled include: • Hands-on ergometer lessons • On-the-water rowing experience with experienced rowers • Information on the year-round rowing experience available on the Great Salt Lake • GSLR member discussions on training • Membership information Participants should plan to wear suitable recreational /sports clothing and bring lots of water! For additional information on National Learn to Row Day and rowing in the Salt Lake City area contact Michael Spackman with Great Salt Lake Rowing (m.spackman@q.com 801.560.0915) or Glenn Eurick (OLDROWER@att.net 801.541.3577)


Seriously?
'National Learn to Row' Day? It gets it's own day?
Who decides what gets a whole day?
What do you give someone on 'Nati
onal Learn to Row' Day?
A nice pair of oars? Maybe a flotation Device.

I want to know when it
's going to be
'National Help Mindy Get Caugh
t

Up On Her Laundry' Day.

Tha
t would be a good day.
Happy rowing.

3 comments:

kg said...

I support your plan, Senator Dibble. I'm all for national get caught up on laundry day. I think they should make every store that sells appliances allow people to 'demo' them for free. Would be awesome.

CB said...

That is so funny! Here you had so much info about the rowing that I thought maybe you were a participant!!

I just did a post a day or two ago about a gal who is former Amish who always did the laundry by hand with her family. Her blog is kind of amazing like that and it sure makes you feel happy for your washer and dryer!

Good luck - I have 5 kids so I feel your pain!!

Corbie said...

That's funny - I've always been fascinated by the random assigning of days. Like today is National yo-yo Day and National Be-Bop-A-Lula Day...which takes precedence? My personal favorite? November 14th - National Make Someone Uncomfortable Day...don't we already have that on February 14th?

Related Posts with Thumbnails