So I've always felt that I'm a fairly calm person.
I'm pretty patient.
I like to think I gots some skillz in seeing the good in things.
A "glass half full" kinda girl.
I'm pretty relaxed and
it takes quite a bit to get me riled up.
Even during the holiday season when I'm surrounded
by "button pushers"
like this:
It's like a puzzle.
And this one:

Piece of cake.
It's like meeting new friends.
And this:?
Makes ya feel alive!!
And I never worry about this one:

I mean, it's not like I ate the entire plate of cookies and fudge.
And sure...this:
But I don't sweat it.
Even with all the commercialism crap
that gets shoved down their throats,
I feel like my kids have a pretty good
grasp on the reason we celebrate.
So despite all the craziness of shopping, wrapping, cooking,
So despite all the craziness of shopping, wrapping, cooking,
preparing and planning that went into the big day,
when I saw the pure joy and the genuine surprise on
my kid's faces when they got
that certain item they were wishing for....
it was all entirely worth it.
It was lovely.
.
.
.
.
And then came these:
The genius who thought of these is an agent of the devil himself.
If I ever meet this evil Einstein,
I will shove a silicone packet down his throat and then
I will strangle him with a plastic twist tie.
Next, I will screw his buttocks to a piece of cardboard
and then I will shove him into hard plastic and
seal it up so tightly that no amount of
pulling, twisting or saying of bad swears
will undo his situation.
I want one of these:

or a fed up parent of an impatient child.
Either way, he is my new hero.
Look at it. It's like some sort of magic.
Look at it. It's like some sort of magic.
Hope you had a relaxing Christmas.










5 comments:
Mindy, I would HOLD HIM DOWN while you inflicted your genius punishment.
(And of course it's a HIM. Or maybe a bitter, hateful HER.)
Also, what is that tool? It's GENIUS.
Every single year I reserve all my Christmas griping for the toy packaging. I mean, really? Like someone is going to steal a dumptruck from the store by hiding it under their sweater? And even if they are, as if not being able to remove it from the package is going to deter them? It's the most aggravating thing about Christmas...well, aside from my addiction to peppermint bark.
My sentiments EXACTLY! I bet you still couldn't even yell at someone like that. :)
Hilarious! So true!! This year my older kids undid all the twisty ties for the younger kids-I was a lot less stressed about the whole situation for once....just might have said a bad word or two when I found ANOTHER ONE on the carpet 3 or 4 or 10 days later-those buggers get around the house fast!
You are hilarious girl!
We always keep a pair of wire cutters handy on Christmas morning for that exact reason!
Post a Comment