We simply had a ball.
Live
It was a Saturday morning and we were all still in jammies enjoying the day off. We had just enjoyed a yummy breakfast and I was anticipating a day of nothingness at home.
Then my cute dad called and wanted us to come play.
*insert bad attitude here*
I was reluctant at the thought of getting 4 kids, a baby and 2 adults 'snowworthy'.
I asked Greg if he wanted to go (half hoping that he would say no).
Of course, he thought it would be great fun.


Live
laugh

This is my cute sis in law Steph.
She was trying to take our picture and just
couldn't quite get us both in the frame.
This is about the 5th attempt and we were laughing
so hard. (like pee your pants hard).
By the time we finally got a picture it felt like I had just done
an ab workout.
I am a firm believer in laughing.
especially at yourself.
I have to be one of the most fortunate people ever to have so many people in my life who genuinely love me and accept me for who I am.
How lucky am I to know without doubt that I have a partner
who loves and supports me in everything I do.
To have someone who usually has to rummage through
the sock basket to find a pair of matching socks
yet never even complains about it.
Yay for me.
I have no doubt that if I randomly out of the blue told Greg
that I wanted to become a bungee jumping instructor,
he would do whatever it took to make it happen. Lucky girl.
It really is all about
not just living but trying to
live well,
finding things to laugh at and to
laugh often,
and not only being loved but learning to
love much
in return.



4 comments:
Amen Sister! You are so well written-your words always strike a chord with me. Thank you for sharing, and reminding me to live more and not just exist in my pjs! : )
I wish I had your talent. Thank you for this post. I love it!
I"m glad you guys came too. I was the same way. It was so worth it. AND I loved defrosting the fingers and toes in the warm car on the way home, taking baths and cuddling by the fire with hot chocolate when we got home. It was totally living, laughing and loving.
Great post as always. I just want to tell you my thoughts so you can put it all in to the right words for me.
Thanks for LIVING with me through all of those years and still LOVING me through it all.
Love you!
It's so true. Very rarely do I leave an event - even a snow-clothing-worthy event - and think 'I wish I would have just stayed in my jammies'. Here's to mobilizing more often and actually living life!
Post a Comment