
This is me.
I don't usually look like this.
Usually I am active and bubbly and happy to be here.
I am in a funk!
I don't know if it's been the late winter weather, my allergies
*I want to scratch my eyeballs out of my head*,
stress, or if my jammies are simply much too comfortable.
Whatever the reason, I just can't quite get it together.
My brain knows the game plan. My body has it's jersey on.
And my spirit's got the pom poms out and ready.
They're just not all being team players together.
They've all dropped the ball.
I have so many responsiblities and obligations that need to be met every day.
I know, without doubt that my greatest opportunity for growth is to be wife to Greg and mother to 5 beautiful children. I know that.
but there are days when I just wish I could go and hide in the corner for awhile.
That sounds so selfish and childish but sometimes it feels so much bigger than me.
It's just too much.
I just want to lay on my couch. I just know that Ryan Seacrest and his American Idols will make all of those bills get paid and the laundry will disappear if I'm too busy looking up meaningless nonsense on the internet....right? If I watch the Food Network, won't dinner magically appear?
It doesn't help that my husband is beginning to resemble "The Rock" since
he's been doing P90X.
I am looking a little less solid.
I just want all the yucky stuff to go away.
Of course, I am very aware that the Fairy Godmothers of the world are all on vacation in the Bahamas and I am on my own.
I know as women, and as mothers we expect ourselves to be 'Super-women'.
These amazing over-acheivers who can keep a perfect home, attend all field trips and PTA meetings, serve everyone, make gourmet meals and look fantastic.
It's just not realistic.
From the time I was young, I have always been concerned with how people perceive me.
I want people to like me and think I'm a good person.
I don't want anyone to think that I'm not good enough. That I don't do enough.
I guess over the years I have learned that it doesn't really matter what people think I am like,
it's what I knowI am like.
Does anyone else ever feel like this? Am I normal?
I know I do nothing but gush over my amazing husband on this blog
but yeah...he's somethin else. He has expertly walked the tightrope of letting me be a tantrum throwing 6 year old and encouraging me to be the woman we both know I can be.
He is a complete partner in every sense of the definition.
As a kid, if we were being lazy my dad would say to us, "Engage Maverick".
I just need to "engage" again.
So this morning, I deleted all my shows off the DVR.
I made homemade banana bread.
and I mated the two baskets of socks that have been sitting there for weeks.
(another reason to love summer.....flip flops)
Maybe I'll go get a spray on tan, because everyone knows that celulite looks better tanned. Right?
little steps.
p.s. I'm really okay.



8 comments:
Thanks I needed this today. I am feeling so BLAH!
I just don't feel like I want to do anything, I definately do not feel appreciated which makes me want to do nothing, I feel like a blob!
I like that..."Engage Maverick" that's what I need to do.
Hope your tan turns out great! (wink)
hey, i did p90x for the first time today, and i am dying.
yeah, we gotta stay realistic;
even if it means staying in our pj's- all day long - some days.
Wow, you said it. Took the words right out of my mouth. Ask Mike. I broke down the other evening, dealing with these same issues. I find myself presenting a person that everyone "thinks" does it all. I have been lying to myself and my friends and family. Mike signed us up for a Franklin Covey seminar in May, he swears it will change our lives. I'm with ya, hang in there.
Thank you for this post. It brought some major relief to know that I'm not the only one in a 'funk' right now. I just can't seem to shake it and I'd much rather stay in bed and cry all day.
I love you! I hope this passes for you. Thank heaven for good husbands right. =)
I LOVE flip flops and banana bread! :) You ARE so normal. And you have an amazing gift of being able to put it into the perfect words. Thanks for sharing. I come to your blog when I need a lift, a laugh, and a reminder that I am ok too. You are a wonderful woman, and I admire you so much!
I love you and cherish you! (thats enough cheese.... at least for this comment)
gotta be normal...i just got over my funk. the cure? the discovery of ROCKSTAR new lemonade drink. i'm new to this whole energy drink stuff...but my life is changed.
p.s.i know clint from high school
Ahhh...how do you do this? You are amazing! I am in the same "funk"...I can promise you one thing-come see my house and you will feel better about yours. You FOR SURE are doing better than me! I'm a great self esteem boost in that way! LOL Time goes too fast & the to do lists get longer-seems unfair-it's tough to be a mom & a wife! So rewarding though, right? Super grateful to read your words and know I'm not the only one....Enjoy that banana bread!
Post a Comment