
Okay, so we all know how I feel about Fall. I wrote about it here.
Poor Fall. It's the season that I hate to love.
Fall is absolutely lovely. It is such a beautiful season and has so much to offer.
The need for a jacket in the morning, only to ditch it on the walk home from school.
That crunch as you walk over those fallen leaves. I love pumpkins and Hot Cider and those stinking candy corns. (I may or may not eat full bags in one sitting...stop judging).
I remember so well planning for weeks what I would be for Halloween.
Fall is lovely. Really it is. It's what comes after Fall that disheartens me.
I know, I know....it's not Fall's fault. It's just doing it's job.
Fall is like the cop who knocks on your door at 2a.m. when your teenager is after curfew. You go to the door...you can see the lights flashing in your driveway. You see your teen standing beside the officer. This could be the most handsome, kind officer you've ever met
but you know what's coming. And you know it's not good.
Fall is that 'you've been served' guy. He looks all nice and friendly and then
Bam!! You've been served. (Just so you know, Heidi Klum is serious about those restraining order threats.)
Fall is that cute waiter at a new restaraunt you've been wanting to try.
He's all charming and flirty (even though you are fully aware that you are old and that he just wants a good tip)
and then he tells you they don't serve Dr. Pepper.
It's the super nice nurse with great hair at your OB/GYN office. She's all smiles until she hands you that...that paper napkin of cover up. (and why are those exam rooms so blasted cold?)
They are all the bearers of bad news.
Fall is a bad news bearer.
It's not Fall's fault.
It's just an unfortunate set of circumstances that she is wedged inbetween the most glorious season and the most grotesque season.
Maybe there should be a post fall/pre winter season.
We could call it "Oh Crap! Here it comes!' I think Hallmark would make a fortune.
The seasons are just a John Hughes 80's movie really.
Spring is shiny and new and makes people feel good. Spring is the peppy cheerleader of the seasons. Everyone likes Spring.
Summer is the Homecoming Queen. She's glitzy and gets a lot of attention. All the other seasons secretly want to be her. Everyone likes her because she's pretty.
Fall is that quiet art girl with the natural beauty. She is a very deep thinker and is very witty but she doesn't say much so she gets looked over most of the time. (this part could also be played by John Cusak)
Winter is that jerky football player who's so obsessed with himself that he teases Fall and causes her to retreat back to her art studio to be alone with her thoughts.
Come on Fall!! Be tougher. Don't let Winter bully you from the main hall. You deserve to eat lunch with the cool kids too. Hang out for a while. Show him that you've got something to say.
You could rock a tiara or a pom pom. And I bet you'd get the coolest song on the soundtrack too.
Okay, I'm done ranting about my hate of all things cold and wintry and the lovely season that precedes all cold and wintry things.
That is all.



8 comments:
Wow, fantastic picture. Where did you find that? ;) Hey, my sentiments exactly! Fall is the absolute BEST! Sure wish it would last LONGER.
Melinda,
I totally was gonna give Ryan credit for that picture and then hit publish before I did.
My awesome bro-in-law Ryan took that amazing picture.
xo
Actually, your AWESOME lil' sister took it. Just say'n. ;) Love ya. You don't have to give me credit. it was enough just to see it on your blog. Loved the post. I'm am still waiting to see that awesome little video you made. Where is it????????
That pic is amazing but candy corns? Not so much :). Spot on Breakfast Club-esque description of Fall - after that, everyone will want to be her.
You definately have a way with words!
I love Fall it is my #1 but I got a kick out of all your descriptions - hee hee.
I love winter too - I know I am weird :-D
Hello.
Thank you for the comment you left on my "1492 Columbus" post.
All are welcome to my blog.
Love your post on Fall.
Fall---the beautiful leaves, the mild weather, the time of harvest.
Lovely time of year.
beautiful image :) &beautiful blog!
LOVED this post. You are such a talented writer. I can't wait to get back to some sort of WEATHER, no matter what Hughes movie it is... at least it's SOMETHING-- some sort of change! (loved the "waiting" post as well and have had similar conversations with my daughters!)
Post a Comment