My rockin' husband got me tickets to Wicked for my birthday
and it was amazing. I loved every bit of it.
I am and always have been a sucker for musicals for many reasons.
I love music. I mean I really love all kinds of music.
There's just something really great about a song.
The way a song can move you tears
or make you want to cheer.
Silly or sentimental, songs affect emotions.
And I am always amazed that people
can just open their mouths and make that sound come out. I love a good song.
It's like really great story telling with creamy frosting added on top.
I love watching people dance.
I have always secretly wanted to be a really great dancer.
Unfortunately, I have no rhythm.
When people make fun of people who can't dance...
yeah, that's me they're laughin' at.
I love to pick out one or two people in the chorus
and I watch them the whole time.
They become my dancers.
The dances in musicals are like the yummy sprinkles on the creamy frosting.
I love me a good happy ending.
You can always count on a happy ending in a musical.
The guy always gets the girl, the team always wins, good always conquers evil.
Heck, even the musical titled "The Miserable Ones"
ends with everyone dancing and singing at a joyful wedding.
My favorite part of any musical is the fact that everyone involved,
even the bad guys,
automatically know the lyrics and choreography.
Wouldn't it be fun to be at the grocery store
and bust out in song and dance about the price of produce?
Or how about a fun little ditty about carburetors and shock absorbers
while waiting to get your tires rotated?
What would be sung about at a PTA meeting?
This was emailed to me a while ago and I immediately put it on my favorites.
Whether you like musicals or not, this is really fun to watch.
So next time you're waiting (and waiting, and waiting) at the Dr.'s office,
look around and imagine everyone joining in as you jump up and start singing,
"I Love Your Stethoscope".
April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I like your idea of finding one dancer and making him 'mine'. I watched that twice looking for one that looked like Brad Pitt so that I could lay claim to him...
Cute post :)
That's just happiness!!!!! I love the "enchanted" way of life..."how does she know you love her", and break out into music where everyone knows the song and dance.
I also pick some favorites in musicals and watch them the whole time as well as cheerleaders, drill team, etc. i usually watch the same one the whole time.
Life should be a musical!!!
Love the video. And, like you, I so would have been a dancer if I had any skills. Rhythm would be nice too.
i want to join in that dance!
wicked, worth ever penny!
Post a Comment