
So I was doing something today and I guess I was concentrating and making a face.
Ethan came in and sat there for a while just watching me work.
Here is our conversation.
Ethan came in and sat there for a while just watching me work.
Here is our conversation.
Ethan: Mom, what you got der?
Me: Where?
Ethan: Right der, on you fohead.
Me: You mean my skin?
Ethan: Yeah. It's bumpy.
Now he's got my face in his hands and he proceeds to push and pull
on the skin on my forehead. He tries with great effort to wipe the 'bumps' from
my forehead with his hand. By this time I'm smiling and so naturally he notices the lines
around the corners of my eyes and around my mouth.
Now he tries to wipe them away.
Look of frustration on his face.
Ethan: Hold on Mommy.
He comes back a minute or two later with a wipe in hand.
He turns me around and ever so gently tries to wash off the lines and bumps.
look of determination.
more force in the attempt.
He finally steps back and looks me right in the eye.
Ethan: Sorry Mom. Dose are stuck on der.
Me: Where?
Ethan: Right der, on you fohead.
Me: You mean my skin?
Ethan: Yeah. It's bumpy.
Now he's got my face in his hands and he proceeds to push and pull
on the skin on my forehead. He tries with great effort to wipe the 'bumps' from
my forehead with his hand. By this time I'm smiling and so naturally he notices the lines
around the corners of my eyes and around my mouth.
Now he tries to wipe them away.
Look of frustration on his face.
Ethan: Hold on Mommy.
He comes back a minute or two later with a wipe in hand.
He turns me around and ever so gently tries to wash off the lines and bumps.
look of determination.
more force in the attempt.
He finally steps back and looks me right in the eye.
Ethan: Sorry Mom. Dose are stuck on der.



7 comments:
That's adorable - my kids would probably go get something a lot stronger than a baby wipe for my wrinkles, though. Like the Dyson.
LOL, that is awesome!
Here is the link where I got the recipe http://jaredanderica.blogspot.com/2007/11/cafe-rio-salad-with-shredded-sweet-pork.html
We need to get together again. I miss you!!
That is so cute. I love that kids just will say anything without thinking. It is hilarious.
This is the sort of story you'll be glad you recorded... and Ethan will wish you hadn't. :)
It was adorable, and I loved reading it!
Cute!!! Isn't being a mom the best??? We are done with baby wipes-WEIRD!!! I think I need to buy some next time I go to Target~just for kicks~I am sure they would still come in handy! I bet you are an amazing mom Mindy!!! Have a great week with your darling kids!
Love ya!
Dawn :)
I won't tell you what Abby said about my tummy the other day when she was watching me get dressed. Kids are so dang honest. I love that little Ethan dude.
Love it! I have had similar converations with my children about stretch marks. "What are those worms mom?"
Post a Comment