August 16, 2010

What's wrong with this picture? Church Edition


So everyone knows that sometimes church can get boring right?
Oh stop it! You know it does.

Since Greg was put into the Bishopbric, I am now in charge of getting
5 children and myself ready and to church by 9:00 a.m.
It rarely happens. We usually stroll in around
9:04...ish.

So for those lucky people that get to sit by the Dibbles
at church, I have created a game to help them stay awake.
It's called the "What did Mindy forget today?" game.
It allows our fellow hard chair patrons the opportunity to
notice what is missing from either me or one or all of my children's wardrobes.
It's fun.

couldn't find Kenna's matching ribbon.


No tights for Olivia.


Where are Ethan's shoes?



Who ironed Lindsay's skirt?


Not me.


and no one's happy when Tyson's treats are forgotten.
(This was not part of the game and will never be ignored again!!)

I'm just trying to serve my fellow man.

I do what I can.

Your welcome.


I'm sure there will be many more editions to come.




Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

CB said...

And I am sure nobody really notices but you!
I have been in the same shoes. Once I actually forgot to put my own makeup on. Now that was scary!!!
If I was in your ward I would definately by looking at your family a little more closely after this post just for fun during the High Councilman's talk - LOL!

Melinda said...

Oh I hear ya! I forgot Carter's treats and drink one Sunday, I decided to just go home early, it just wasn't worth it. He was throwing himself around everywhere. At least you're not in a ward where there are very few kids to look at. I feel like people are constantly watching me be a bad mom at church.

It's very entertaining to watch other people's kids though.

P.S. I hate ironing. I NEVER iron, tried it once and gave it up forever.

P.S.S. Alex's pants on Sunday went up to almost his shin. I didn't even notice until Sacrament mtg. and felt completely embarrassed.

OH Well! Great post, I love all the pics.

Love ya!

Kemi said...

Awesomeness. Pure awesomeness. :)

Carrie said...

9:04ish with 5 kids?! Not shabby one bit. I'd tell you what time I get to Church with 3 kids but my fingers won't type anymore. Weird. :)

Crystal Escobar said...

Haha, Mindy, I loved this! First of all, I commend you for making to to church every Sunday, with 5 kids, and doing it all by yourself. You've inspired me to be better at this. I only 2 and our church is at 1pm, AND I have Sean there to help me. So I have no excuses NOT to make it on time.
I love your new header! It's new right? Your children are absolutely beautiful!!!

porter and karla said...

Strolled across your blog, what a cute family you have... I love your description for Olivia in the side bar...that's how I feel about my Elizabeth. Kuddos on getting there by 9:04 with 5 kids, we are rarely on time and we only have two:)

Jill Campbell said...

Sit by us Mindy, we like games. I remember those days of chasing 5 girls around the house trying to do their hair. After one particularly BAD Sunday morning, the Lord spoke to me. He said, "Hairdos are not worth going to @#!*% over." (I'm sure he also meant ironed skirts and tights and missing belts and unmatched socks, etc.) After that, we looked bad, but we were smiling. Anyway, it's some of the best advice I've ever received.

Mindy said...

Cherie: I hope you're right.
Melinda: I hear the capri look for boys is making a comeback.
Kemi: I know you are but what am I?
Carrie and Crystal: If I looked as naturally beautiful as you two do, I just wouldn't worry about anything.
Karla: It's usually Olivia that gets us there at the 9:04 ish mark.
Jill: I'm so putting that up in vinyl. That is gonna get me through every Sunday morning.

Joy & Casey said...

9:04ish? That's amazing!!!!! We have 9:00 church and we SERIOUSLY straggle in at 9:25ish...EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK. No joke. Super excited about a farewell we have on August 29th-it's at 11:00. I hope we can do that! It will be the first time the Olson's take the Sacrament since Casey & I spoke in our ward and had to be on time a few months ago. Losers. Love the game-come to my ward-we need the entertainment!

Joy & Casey said...

Haha-just read what I typed. WE are the losers-NOT YOU. Losers for being late and missing the sacrament. Thought I better clarify.

Related Posts with Thumbnails