August 19, 2010

Balanced meal?!?

So ya know when kids start thinking they're big enough
to make their own plates at family parties?
Ethan thought it was time for him to be a 'big boy' and
dish up his own plate at a recent family party.
I decided to let him go for it and see if he has listened to
me when I lecture the kids about making healthy food choices.
I was fairly confident that he would make me proud.
Don't ya love it how kids keep you humble and remind you
that there is always something to improve on?
What? What's wrong with olives and Fritos?
There's some grain in there somewhere.
And I'm sure the "it's a 'veggie' factor" far
outweighs the "they're loaded with fat" factor.
Whatever.
and p.s. Mindy, don't ever let his hair get that long.
It's not cute.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Love that boy! My kids are the same, I guess that's why we're here.

Kemi said...

I know you can't see me right now, but I'm grinning so hard I'm afraid my face will split in two.

Been there, done that. STILL doing that, and my older kids are just as bad (if not worse) than the littler ones.

Joy & Casey said...

The only thing he needs is a cookie. Or a brownie. Could he not find those?

Laura said...

That is HILARIOUS!! That certainly is a tasty combo. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails