March 29, 2011

I have loved the cello for a long time.

I think it's such a beautiful sounding instrument.

My favorite Beatles song is Eleanor Rigby simply

because of that cello solo.

And then there's Coldplay's Viva la Vida

It just has such a rich, deep tone that I feel deep down in my soul.


You can't help but feel it when you hear things like this.


And I love the shape of it. Maybe because that's the shape I see when I look in the mirror.


Whatever the reason, I love the cello.



I was driving in the car the other day listening to one of my favorites


Olivia pipes up from the back seat and says,


"I just love this music. It makes me feel happy."


I smiled and asked her if she knew what instrument was being played.


I could see her little memory working to connect the word to the picture in her mind.


She brightened up and blurted out,


"It's the archidello".


eh, close enough.

So, long post short...

I love the cello.

Olivia makes me laugh.

love this pic.

1 comment:

Nette said...

I love the cello too! And I have to say that Elenor Rigby is also my fav Beatles song.

Related Posts with Thumbnails