My hair is giving me this "you're not the boss of me" attitude and I just can't regain control. Not that I'm not used to this. I get it every single day from Olivia. She recently perfected the "over the shoulder, eye-roll as she's walking away" look.

She's five. No kidding I did not prompt her. I simply asked her to clean her room while I was holding the camera and this is what she did.
Every day is pretty much a really bad hair day. Right around 4 months after I have a baby, my hair decides it no longer wants to be a part of my life and packs it's bags and storms off in a childish huff. It's an ugly break-up for everyone involved. It falls out by the handfuls and it causes me daily stress and anxiety.
But, as bad as I think it is, it is not this nightmare.

On top of that I just can't seem to shake the extra baby poundage. I know, I know...I can hear you saying it. "You've just had your 5th baby, relax, give it a minute, you'll lose it, don't worry." I know all that and it sounds good and all but in the back of my mind there is this annoying little creature running around saying things like "neener, neener..you'll never fit into that fav swim suit again" or the equally depressing, "hello, meet your new best friend, the swimsuit cover-up. You'll never go anywhere without her."
If only that little creature would run around in other people's minds as well.

I've also felt a teeny tiny bit...okay TOTALLY, COMPLETELY disorganized with my time. It's noon or later sometimes when I finally hop in the shower. And don't tell, but sometimes I jump in and *gasp* I don't wash my hair. And then there are days when I simply throw on some clean clothes and spray myself with Fabreeze and then avoid close proximity with anyone who smells like strawberries or coconut.
Still, I am not attracting insects who's sole purpose in life is to eat as much rotting matter as possible before they die.
You can go throw up now.......really...I'll wait.

And then there's the brain damage that has apparently occurred. I find myself having difficulty with the simplest of tasks. And it seems that recently they started introducing Rocket Science to 2nd graders and trying to pass it off as simple math. How dare they. And my memory..don't even get me started on that. Uhm...what were we just talking about? Hmm.
But at least I get to be stupid and forgetful in the privacy of my home in front of small children. This sad lady got to be stupid and do so for a much larger and harsher audience. Poor thing. I wonder how many times Regis asked her if that was her final answer.

For quite a while after I have a baby I feel like I look pretty Frumpy most of the time. I try my best but I just don't feel like the Fashion Diva I would like to be.
But then just when I'm afraid I've hit rock-bottom with the fashion sense and good taste......

Yep ladies. That's just what you think it is.
My question is this. SERIOUSLY???
So even though I'm feeling a little like a slug at the moment, at least I can be grateful there's not a snot-nosed 7 year old boy standing over me with a giant salt shaker.
Hope you feel good today.
Here's to common sense and good taste.



8 comments:
What can I say? You knocked this one out of the park...every line just kept getting better and better. I laughed, I sighed, I related to so many things. Loved, loved, loved this post.
OH MY GOSH, is that HAIR!?!?!
I think I know where the maggots came from...
How in the world did you get that picture of me in my swimsuit??? Glad you liked it enough to put me on your blog! :)
You are hilarious Mindy!!! Thanks for the late night/early morning whatever it is laugh!!!
Um.. I just threw up in my mouth!! Ha ha the "hair" and the infested bum... I am speechless! That was really funny Mindy, you have such a creative mind! Love ya!
so curiosity got the best of me... Mindy, it has been a long time, but i can't believe this post came from you! regardless of how badly i wanted to stop reading, i just couldn't... i am going to go take a shower now!
Ick!
-m
My freak out time after having a baby is around 6 months. I feel like I have been patient and am now ready for my body to be back.
And the fuzzy brain - oh my gosh. I seriously *think* my brain used to work. A couple of days, I looked down at my finger and noticed I had a band-aid on. The problem? I had no recollection of ever putting it on.
It's nice to know I am not alone.
Seriously you are HiLaRiOuS!
Sorry to hear your not feeling like yourself. Maybe we could go eat some chocolate or go running or something together. Whichever you prefer, or both! =)
I love you to pieces and think you are gorgeous.
Post a Comment