May 30, 2009

Malls and Murses.

So we took Makenna to the mall to get her ears pierced. She was pretty excited but a little nervous. The girl shows us the earrings we can chose from. They range in price from $14.99 to $125.99. Of course, she picks the $125.00 diamonds. She has good taste. I suggested the $14.99 silver balls. After about 10 minutes of haggling and filling out the "if you die, it's not our fault" form we finally agree on the silver balls and we tell the sales girl our choice. The teenage manager then informs me that they don't allow children to get anything less than the $33.99 pair. "Oh really?" I ask. "Yes, children's skin is too sensitive for any of the others", she says.
"SO YOU SAT HERE AND WATCHED ME BARGAIN WITH MY CHILD FOR 10 MINUTES TO GET HER TO PICK THE ONES THAT SHE CAN'T EVEN GET? YOU COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING OH ABOUT 9 1/2 MINUTES AGO. MAYBE ONE OF THE 17 HOLES IN YOUR HEAD PIERCED YOUR BRAIN OR SOMETHING. OH YEP, RIGHT THERE, I SEE SOME COMMON SENSE DRIPPING OFF OF THAT EYEBROW RING". the pretend strong woman voice in my head screams at her.
"Okay." I lamely reply.
Whatever.


That is the face of bravery huh? She did great and loves being a 'lady' now.

We did some shopping (I swear, I was asked no less than 23 times if I was 'doin' okay' in Aeropostal), I tried to explain to Olivia why that girl in the Victoria's 'not so' Secret window was only in panties. We got some frozen yogurt that I called ice cream (the kids were so not fooled) and decided that the mall is just a flashier, cleaner version of Wal-mart where children actually where shoes. It was time to go and then I spied this little gem out of the corner of my eye.



This guy must be in love.
She talked at him the whole time I followed them around. He never said one word. He would nod now and again in the appropriate places.
What the dirt? She's not carrying any heavy bags or trying on clothes or anything.
Is her shoulder broken?
He's not even carrying it by his side...he's wearing it like a girl.
Maybe it's his.

Here's hoping we all get a little help with the really hard stuff today.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Way to keep it together with the very informative earring customer service girl. I have lost it a few times in those situations and you just don't feel good about yourself after.

As far as the sorry sap with the murse, it would take all the self-discipline I have to not go to him and yell, "RUN!"

Corbie said...

Congrats on your little girl reaching big girl status - what a fun stage!

As for the man carrying the purse, there is a simple explanation. Notice the height differential...in her favor. A guy doesn't get that much extra leg without some extra manual labor.

Sterling said...

oh they match! How cute!

Joy & Casey said...

HILARIOUS!!!! I need a husband like that! ;) That actually sorta freaks me out.

I think the same crazy pierced Shay's ears-was it the Piercing Pagoda? I always laugh at those people-so many piercings you can see-I'm glad you can't see the rest! LOL

Kemi said...

Murse. I get it now. (I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me a while.)

The picture is hilarious. Poor guy.

Yay for Makenna's grown up ears! :)

CB said...

That picture was hilarious. I had to make it big and look at it for a minute (I must be tired) but then I spied the total wrongness of the situation! ha ha You see it all at the mall.
As for Victoria's not-so-secret. My mom actually complained one year to the mall managers at our mall because the VS in our mall has alot of windows and is just about pornography. They said, "Alot more people will have to complain before we do anything!". Sickos

Love that your daughter was so brave - Love your description of the girl at the store with 17 holes in her head - too true.

Your daughter looks so happy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails