October 12, 2009

Disposable Zombie Mom

This was me over the weekend.


Not so pretty eh?
I was in bed all weekend.
I had Mastitis, a killer head cold
and a slight touch of the
Boo Hoos.
Not a great combo.
I was pretty much out from
Friday night to Sunday.
How does a family survive
without Mom?


They have a dad like him.
Yeah. He pretty much took over.
Not only did he get them all to their soccer games,
he got them there early. Yes, I said it,
the Dibbles arrived somewhere early.
He could have made cereal but
he made ham sandwiches.
He could have put on a movie
but he played games.
He only woke me up to feed the baby.
They made Quesadillas and Popcorn.
All children were put to bed happy.
Sunday morning he went to his meetings and choir
and came home and got everyone ready.
2 boys bathed...check.
3 girls hair done....check.
(he even straightened their hair)
Off to church.
They come home happy and hungry.
I say, "Oh, just do Macaroni and Cheese or
Ramen Noodles or cereal".
Oh no, not my Super daddy man.
He comes up with this.


You're probably thinking.....
What a great dad, husband, person, superhero guy.
You are right.
But I'm thinking.....
Oh crap!! Now they all know for sure that
they don't need me.


Hopefully he'll keep me around
for this part.



I'm feeling a little better today.


I'm still not quite myself.
Case in point...
I watched 'Star Wars' by myself.
Yeah, Greg wasn't even there.
Okay, 2 things about Star Wars...
1. I never realized how whiney Luke is.
2. Chewbaca and R2D2 are my favorite characters.
What does that say about me that I can't understand a
thing that my 2 favorite characters say?
I'll be better tomorrow.
I hope.
Here's to my Rockstar husband
and to modern medicine.
p.s. I hate fruit flies more than anything.






15 comments:

Greg said...

I only did what you have done so many times!!! I followed a great example!! I love you and felt so bad for how you felt!! I would do that over and over! Yes... a little mushy but what can you do when you have such a wonderful wife!! I am no superman and I am glad that I don't have to do that full time! It was fun, but tiring and it was only for 3 days.

Glad to have you back!!

Love Greg

.........Still ME! said...

Mindy, I LOVE your blog! You are so clever and I would agree with Superman, you are a great mom! I always watched you with awe when you had happy, entertained children, painted a room, made a 3 course dinner including dessert and finished a super cute craft project all without breaking a sweat. You are my hero, I want to grow up to be like you! Hope you are feeling better!

Corbie said...

You're husband almost makes me wish for a bout of mastitis...almost...

Sorry you were sick...I'd rather give birth to the baby again than endure mastitis.

Sweet hubby.

kg said...

Greg has definitely learned some culinary skills since I lived with him. You must be an excellent teacher. Back in the day his skills consisted of toasting bread over a cast iron stove, boiling water for Mate and stealing my Gansitos.

Dibble's said...

Mindy! I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick! Mastitis by itself is enough. YUCK! I wish you would've called us, we would've been happy to lend a hand. Greg really is a rock star, what good hubbies these Dibble boys make!

Kim said...

I am glad you are feeling better. Hate the mastitis.

Michelle said...

He needs a superhero name now...from this point forward he shall be known as;

Captain Doitall Dibble...or Doodie for short.

P.S...I hate fruit flies too. I am sure Captain Doodie can do something about those too.

xo-m

Melinda said...

Great post. Us girls married so well didn't we? Greg kinda keeps showing everyone up though, so Ryan says he needs to "back off" a little. :)

Loved the post. Sorry I didn't help out more.

" ... and you who says NOTHING"

Love you

Joy & Casey said...

Ahhh...Mindy! So sorry you were sick! Will Greg please take my kids to their soccer games & everything else on our calendar? They'd love to see what "on time" looks like! Next time you are sick call me-I'll bring you something better to watch than Star Wars. And fruit flies? Seriously. There had to be a point when they were made. Just to feed the black widows!? Black widow's point? Still waiting to find out. Glad I didn't know you needed dinner-Greg did a MUCH BETTER job than I would have-Papa Murphy's just ain't that pretty. Love ya!

Melinda said...

I mean, I'm sorry I didn't help AT ALL!

NERD!

Call me next time. It would've been so fun to put in a couple Jane Austin movies no??????

Mindy said...

Greg: The kids like you better.

Brenda: Were you looking in the mirror when you typed that comment?

Corbie: I said the exact same thing. Are you surprised?

KG: You're not fooling me. I know the Mamita did everything for you. You guys had it easy. ;)

Laura: Thanks for the offer but I think your hands (and cute belly) are full enough. Good Luck, can't wait to see the newest Dibble.

Kim: I almost said a swear.

M: You said Doodie.

Joy: I didn't cook it? It's gourmet to me.

Melinda: You could have put in Austin Powers and called in Jane Austen. I wouldn't have known.

Karlie said...

Wow, I love you and your cute family. Add me to your blog list! Great way to keep in touch. Get better!

Krista said...

wow! i'm impressed. that stinks about the mastitis...i've heard it's horrible! hope your'e feeling better.

Melinda said...

I'm a little bit of a blog sneak-- I check your blog sometimes from Joy's blog (I'm Clint's wife Melinda) anyway, I love how you express yourself. You make me laugh! Anyway, sorry you were sick-- it's nice to see so many dads who just plain love their kids and do such a great job when mom can't.

CB said...

Oh man you lucky woman! You have got a keeper there - Whoo hoo!!!
And believe me if he does this for a few days he will definately know how much he needs you.

I hope you feel better - Mastitis is ICK!!!

Have a Happy Weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails