
So the kids spent some time over at
Poppy's house a while back.
They came home thrilled about all the
work they did helping Poppy clean out his junk drawers.
They were so excited to share with me all of the
amazing new treasures that Poppy let them keep.
Very useful things like this never been used lotion cap.
And this key ring decoration that
I think I had on my first keyring at 16 years old.
You can clearly see that it is in pristine condition
and worth keeping.
And of course, the very rare
"rubber bottom of a cane or walker thingy".

All very useful and important things, no?
I rolled my eyes and giggled at my cute dad.
I saw useless, nothingness.
My clever children saw this.

They saw a great little game to play.
The girls were overjoyed at Ethan's reaction to the
mini baseball game.
They spent hours (okay, 25 minutes)
throwing the lotion cap ball,
watching Ethan (amazingly) hit it with the Munchkin bat,
while trying desperately to catch it in the
"rubber, bottom of a cane or walker thingy" glove.
I have stepped on the "ball" many times,
I've found the "bat" in the utensil drawer
and I've watched my baby shove the "glove" in his mouth.
(I can't think about that one too much without throwing up a little)
I have wanted to throw this preemie pastime in the garbage
on several occasions. I just can't quite do it.
They're just too sweet a reminder of the
easiness of childhood.
Plus it's going to make Christmas shopping a breeze.
Now I just have to figure out how to wrap the junk drawer.






7 comments:
I wondered what happened to my "never been used lotion cap"! Dad had it all along!
That was really cute Mindy!
Mindy--you are so clever. Love your posts and I'm glad you are back to blogging.
One man's junk is a another kid'd amazing treasure...Poppy was so very generous to share.
I think we did the same with Grandma and her little trinkets she kept around. My favorite was her little boxes and to this day, I still can't throw away a cute box. I have dozen's...
Love those Dibbles and their imagination! -m
Hilarious Mindy! I hope you grilled some hot dogs and popped some popcorn for their little baseball game! ;) Aren't grandparents the best! LOL
Welcome back to the blogging world-I love your vision of life...it's awesome!
That lotion cap picture was the highlight of my week. No, it isn't because my week has been boring...it's because you're clever.
I couldnt stop laughing.
Ive always wondered what you could do with a lotion cap, thingy from the bottom of a cane and a baseball bat fit for a key chain.
Love you,
Hannah
So funny. My kids always come home from nana and poppy's with similar little treasures. I think mom kind of laughs under her breath.
Post a Comment