So Greg's Grandpa was a second son.
Greg's Dad was a second son.
Greg is a second son.
And my little Tyson is a second son.
I love all four of these men for different reasons.
I met and fell in love with Grandpa Great before I met and fell in love with Greg.
Ya know those people that just ooze goodness? He was one of those people.
He was generous, loving and he was a winker..like me.
The company I worked for ordered calendars and pens from "Wally" and he would deliver them to us. I was his contact and was smitten with him the moment I met him.
He would saunter into the office carrying his supplies and would spend time talking with me. He would say things like, "I have lots of grand-sons" or "my grand-sons are single". I would smile and say something like, "If they're anything like you Wally, I'll take one of em."
He would wink at me and then whistle as he walked back out the door.
Little did I know, right?
Grandpa Dibble is the same. You instantly love him and he instantly makes you feel loved. He is patient, hard working and loves his family.
He is a good person. The grandkids adore him and I think people love to say that they know him.
He has the faith and strength to kick major trials to the side like some annoying pebble in his way. And he has such a lovely laugh and easy smile.
I am so happy to call him family.
And then there's my Gregory. How handsome is he? It took me about 7 1/2 minutes to know that I could marry him. He was easy to love and still is.
He has learned from these two men and learned well. He is an amazing father who loves and protects his children fiercely. I have no doubt that he loves me but I'm also pretty sure he that he likes me. His faith is steadfast and he has a tender and sincere love for the Savior. He is super selfless and the man makes one mean roasted marshmallow. I'm tellin' ya. It's like edible art. A gooey pot of marshmallowy goodness. The kids like him best. I love him most.
My little Tyson True is the easiest thing in the world to love. He is the only one of my children that looks somewhat like me. (sorry kid). He is spunky and smart and I adore him. He has some very good examples and I have no worries that he will be a good second son and will carry on the tradition**.
**sorry about that pressure I just put on you to give us two grandsons. I like second girls too.





4 comments:
I love the Wallys of the world...how lucky for you that you found one. Very sweet tribute to such great guys.
Mindy, you are quite right! and I must say that I rather like you too. Your posts make me happy and this one 'specially hit the spot!
wow!
just can't lose with one of them there dibble men!
loved this post. i love you dibbles! makin me cry and i'm at work...so embarrassing! bishop dibble is my favorite....as he's the one i got to know more...but by the sounds of it...they're all equally as sweet and lovable.
Post a Comment